1.11.2008

I'm here :)

in thailand. hurray! it's now a real place.
preliminary thoughts/observations/reactions:

- everything's warm and green and pretty. it makes me miss nicaragua. all the little kids I've seen are adorable, which also makes me miss nicaragua. I know that thailand will be it's own thing, but right now nica is the closest thing I've got to relate it to, so I've been thinking about that some.

- chiang mai university is nice. we're staying in a "hostel" which is really more of a hotel, since we have maid service everyday.

- the thai people that we've met and interacted with so far have been wonderful. and the food has obviously been pretty great.

- I'm feeling great, in regards to jet-lag. every once in a while I feel a little off and can't figure out why, and then I remember: 24 hours of travel.

this was kind of choppy, but I'm at an internet cafe. my hour is almost up and I don't want to pay for another so I need to go. ha!

3 comments:

teacher said...

ey thumbs. how's the lucky ear? glad you made it there safe and enjoying it. call if you need anything. hugs

Unknown said...

Its so good to hear your thoughts. I know you will have a great time. Please tell us about the elephant ride through the jungle . I love you Kait !

pati said...

Maid service? Did you say MAID SERVICE? haha. Where do I sign up for Thailand? Thanks for your candor and honesty girlie; particularly concerning Nic. I love your comments on the kids. Amazing how many of the critters there are, isn't it? And cute as all get out.
Take care. kiss.